Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A New Wine! Winter White Berry

Temps are continuing to plummet, so my awesome fiance planned a night in for us, which included this:

Leelanau Cellars Winter White Mixed Berry!

And it was perfect for a day like today!

It's hard to see all of the snow we have in this photo, but trust me when I say IT'S THERE!

I've had Leelanau Cellars' Winter White, but never Mixed Berry. I couldn't find a description of this specific version, but there was this tidbit about the classic Winter White:
Our ever-popular table wine also known as "the wine in the blue bottle", is very similar to a Piesporter in style and is light-bodied and semi-sweet. 
I'm no wine connoisseur (not even close!) but I know what I like and what I don't. Winter White, for me, is "that wine" which I always seem to forget about then rediscover again. Mixed Berry is light and semi-sweet just the like original Winter White but with an awesome berry aroma. Leelanau Cellars recommends you to pair Winter White with chicken or fish. We chose to go another route with the Mixed Berry:

Venison steak and mixed veggies: A little bit of Pure Michigan.

Not a bad dinner if I do say so myself.

What classic Michigan wine do you keep stocked in your fridge?

No comments:

Post a Comment